Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Stopping Traffic

Today was a beautiful sunny Spring day. Pax had a fussy day, so in an attempt to pacify him and save my sanity we ventured out for a "3 hour tour" in his shiny new stroller. As soon as we stepped into the outdoors we was a new man. (Maybe I should have listened to my mother and picked the name Oliver (lover of nature) instead of Paxton.)
If you are wondering, don't they already have a stroller? Yes, but we used a friend's Chicco umbrella stroller while in St. Louis and fell in love. So, now we have one. It is great for our less ambitious adventures, where the BOB stroller is just too cumbersome.
We first headed out to The Daily Grind, my fav coffee shop here in Marshfield, for a soy latte compliments of Jonas (the Barista) who has proven to me that soy lattes can be amazing. There is even a latte (or drink) holder on our new stroller. We then popped in The Back Porch, my fav decorating /antique store in town. Thankfully for our check book Pax's stroller made it hard to navigate through the store so I could not go throughout the whole store (particularly the clearance section) and consequently we left the store empty handed.
Pax was still enjoying himself so we headed up a few blocks for Pax's grand debut to the library! (I forgot to snap a picture of the moment.) Here I stocked up on a stack of dairy free cookbooks to help us make it through the next two weeks and perhaps the next year. Thank God for public libraries! We ended our adventure with a leisurely stroll home, just soaking in the rays.
The title of this post comes from the fact that I stopped traffic 4 times on this adventure. Having a baby (in a flashy stroller helps too) is awesome for walks. We even managed to stop a semi truck, along with 3 other cars on Central.
This was Pax after our tour of the town. It was so warm I had to take my sweater off! Check out the undercarriage of this stroller. Fits 6 large cook cooks, plus all diaper bag supplies!

This is just a picture I snapped on the way home. It is a church building. Not really sure about the other entrance down on the left. ?? Who enters through the main entrance and who enters through the midget door? It just made me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment