Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Well it has been a while since we posted. A few updates... I had my bi-weekly doc appointment and baby is back on the normal growth curve. (Sigh of relief...)
We have been busy with house projects. I decided that I wanted to tear the wall paper down in our downstairs bathroom before the baby comes and we have lots of company. It has drove me crazy since the day we moved into the house, but now with the influx of hormones it really was driving me crazy. So I started a project I thought I could finish with about a 30 dollar investment. Upon ripping the wall paper off we discovered that there was significant water and mold damage on the drywall because of a lousy previous install job. (This is where I exit the story because of the whole mold issue and in all fairness Preston should write the rest. However, he isn't here right now so I will have to tell his tale.) About 2 weeks post our project start date Preston has tore out most of the existing shower, bought a new shower and consulted with a plumber. This week's goal is to finish ripping the floor of the shower out, along with the bathroom floor, reinstall sections of drywall, install some new piping with the plumber and prep for painting. We are hoping what started as a $30 dollar project will in the end cost us less than $600. We are also hoping this gets done BEFORE baby arrives. :) I am really glad my husband loves me despite my hormones and the crazy things they make me do.
Back to handing out candy to neighborhood kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment