Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Good Summer's Ending

Today is the first day that really feels "fallish" around here. Although I love summer the cool crisp air feels refreshing today and I am looking forward to autumn's festivities. Here are some pictures that capture some of our summer's end fun.

We went to the Marshfield Fair (walking distance from our house) with our neighbors, Paxton's beloved "Pey Pey" (Peyton). They decided at some point to hold hands. Luckily I was camera ready for the few moments this lasted.


Peyton turned 2 this past week. This is the first friend's birthday Pax has experienced. He spent the day saying over and over again, "Happy Day! Happy Day!"

This is a terrible picture of Preston. I assure you he did not look this bad that night. :) (However, this serves as good payback for the picture of me in my PJs soon after waking up that he posted of me on facebook today.) The point of the picture is that Preston is eating a fried snicker's bar. We had only heard of these in theory until this year. It truly was a small piece of Heaven on a stick.We fed a lot of animals at the fair. Interestingly (or embarrassingly) I did not know that fair's still had animals at them. I thought this was only in the days of Charlotte's Web. Where I grew up animals had nothing to do with fairs. Thankfully our children will know differently.

He really had no fear. I however had a firm grasp of him throughout most of his petting. I just don't trust animals that are larger than me.
We put a little table in our dining room that has become his art, snack, and friend table. This is his first attempt at watercolors. Doesn't this picture look like I have an intelligent, precocious child? This lasted about 4 minutes and then he was dumping his water on the paper.
We hosted our new worship pastor's family in our home the weekend they were candidating. Sam was trying to get ready for worship practice and Pax's was mesmerized. He just stood there (very closely) and watched. He is our first hope of musical talent for our family. Sam was kind enough to break for a rendition of Old Mac Donald.
This was a shot from the UP that I forgot to post since it was on a different camera. It is the classic bathtub shot that so many people have, and as a parent looked forward to having once we had children. But as I have come to realize this shot is hard to come by. With not having family around or cousins yet there are not many opportunities for Pax bathe with other children. It isn't an event that just comes up often. So I was eager to grab my camera when Isaac and Pax took a bath together. Isaac (at age 7) was such a good sport but was insistent the picture be from the waist up :)



No comments:

Post a Comment