Saturday, September 19, 2009

Why Super Dad Is Also Super Husband

Preston always finds a way to use my extended time from home as a time to do a home improvement project that I want done. This weekend I went away (on a retreat mind you, not even work or family related) and he whipped the house into shape once again. In a matter of 24 hours he managed to finish scraping, cleaning, puttying, and repainting two more of our outdoor windows, scrub the bathtub (which I really dislike doing), vacuum the floors (another chore I don't enjoy), wash the sheets, and start the finishing protective coat of our baby dresser. It was so nice to come home to an extra clean house and a husband who did projects he knew I shouldn't be around for the safety of the baby, while I was away from home. I didn't even ask him to do any of these things. (Well, I didn't ask him to do it while I was away on a retreat. :) ) What a wonderful hubby. I just had to take the chance to brag on him.
We should have pics of the refinished dresser up soon. It looks great!! I am looking forward to filling it with baby stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment