Monday, May 3, 2010

I'm Such a Sap

If you have followed our blog from the beginning you will recall the antique dresser that Preston and I refinished for Paxton while I was pregnant. We use it as our staging area for changing him. Well today he "discovered" the dresser. While getting dressed, changing, and playing in his room, he has never before really noticed the dresser. I was dressing him on the floor today and as I stood him up his eyes locked on the dresser and he squealed. He continued to just stare at it with a big smile, taking it all in. I put him up to it and let him hold onto the handles with one hand as he took his other hand and ran it back and forth over the cracks, cooing in delight. You would have thought he was once blind and this was the first thing he saw after regaining his sight. I am not really sure what was going through his little head but it was precious. I got all teary eyed. He was actually enjoying the one thing we both worked hard on to make for him in preparation for his birth. I got to tell him that we made it for him. (I am not so delusional as to think he understood that, but I still liked telling him.)
Anyhoo, it was a precious little moment that was unexpected.
On a side note, I noticed today that allowing him to grasp the knobby handles is great fine motor practice for rock climbing. Even reached for the higher knobs as he got a good hold on the ones eye level to him. We may have a rock climbing prodigy...

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday P wagon! Hope you had a special celebration as a family :)

    ReplyDelete