Friday, April 16, 2010

The Heart Attack without the bun

~by Preston


So I caved to the mass marketing campaign of KFC today. After seeing/listening to too many ads about KFC's new "Double Down" sandwich, I decided that Pax and I would stop by our local KFC and grab one for lunch. Here is the low down for those who haven't heard of or tried it yet:
540 calories
32 g fat
1380g sodium
only 11g carbohydrates because there is no bun, so a good choice for Atkins dieters.

This, for me, was all taste curiosity. When i purchased the sandwich for $5.26, the lady who sold it to me said they have been selling a lot of them. When I asked if she had tasted one and she replied "they look kind of unhealthy," that's awesome coming from an employee :)

I have to say I expected a bit more actually. The chicken wasn't as large as I'd thought and it didn't hold the sauce real well. The cheese and bacon were awesome with it, but then again what do cheese and bacon not go well with!

After eating one for lunch (and thus consuming way more than my daily recommended allowance of almost every nutrient not good for me) my rating is a 4 out of 10. i didn't get a picture of it but the grease spot leftover was incredible.
Suggestions for KFC: loose a piece of chicken, add a little more sauce, wrap it in a bun, and charge$1.78 for it, then I will visit your establishment again for lunch! Until then I will feel full and greasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment